bkgrd

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Communitas

What do you do
When you feel no one understands?
That feeling of being just a number or plain shade of grey
Jumbled together on a paint swatch with similar shades.
It's then that I am longing for a shared response
Or even an acknowledgement that assures me I am understood.
I don't need a "Jesus response".

Let me explain, because I feel it is very key to touch on the spiritual aspect
And to recognize how God's truth plays into a situation,
But there are times when I feel that I need a more practical response
Or something a little less generic.

Now I am seeing what people feel when a follower of Christ
tries to console those who may not fully understand God's love and grace.
There is a mutual exchange that must happen between individuals,
a surrendering of the fortress built to keep outsiders from seeing our innermost feelings and process of taking in confessions without judgement and preconceived notions.
These notions need not solely focus on the person but they can also be about the person's situation or story. No assumptions can be made about how circumstances are or how they should be until the whole story is heard out.

Of course we are not perfect and this is a learning process. I just hope that I can learn to actively listen more and respond in a helpful way. I also hope that I can learn to better share my story and feelings in a transparent manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment