bkgrd

Monday, April 7, 2014

Faith in the Unseen

How do I begin?

Do I start with a greeting? Just as I had greeted people before?

But that was not sufficient. It couldn't possibly describe me. It was a greeting that couldn't define me.

"Hi, I'm Sarah. I have bipolar disorder."

Yet, it seemed to sum up everything that I thought I was at that moment. I couldn't seem to see myself as anything more than a person who had bipolar disorder. My days were centered around it. When I faced challenges it had to be because I was bipolar. When I was feeling happy, it had to be bipolar disorder. All I could remember of my past when I talked to people were hospital stays and gaining weight. I couldn't seem to get any further than those major events when I lost my sanity.

Now I'm here, still trying to understand what happened and how I can deal with all of this. I don't feel I'll ever completely understand. That's where faith kicks in... faith in a God who has me in His hands, in a God who created me with care, who loves me and will never let me go. I have faith that He knows what He is doing and that His will shall be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment