bkgrd

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I know that it is well.

"My eyes are opened,
I know that it is well."


After nights of anxiously sifting through concerns in my head,
Days spent hoping that the next had more promise
I finally found
that You were there
to carry me
to walk beside me
to go before me
and guide me.


I've started to change the way that I pray. I meditate on Your promises and remember that You say You "work all things together for the good of those who love [You]". If You are working things together for the good, as I hold on through the storm, the one thing that I truly need and the better thing to pray than "Lord, please heal me..." may just consist of something like this: "God, help me to trust You more." 

You have already promised that You would be there with me, 
that You would carry my burden.
You said that You came to heal and restore,
to redeem,
to heal by the stripes that were torn on Your innocent back.

I don't have to worry,
I don't need to fear.
In fact,
You tell me not to fear.
You ARE with me.

You are not only with me,
You comfort me.
You draw near during my time of need.
You sustain me.
You fill me til' I am overflowing
and joy radiates from my smile,
a light that can not be extinguished,
a love whose flame could not be overpowered 
by a thousand waters.

If I went to the lowest part of this Earth,
even to hell below...
If I climbed the highest mountain,
soared beyond the heights...
You would still be there.

If I told myself that I was the biggest failure,
vowed to take the life that You created and so lovingly fashioned...
If I had nothing but joy,
and nothing could possibly bring me down...
You would be there,
sharing in my suffering in times of sorrow,
singing and dancing over me all along.

I have sat and pondered at the wonders of Your grace,
still unfathomable in every way,
but I have seen
that
it is, indeed, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment