bkgrd

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Shine!

I know that, no matter what... no matter who you are... no matter how hard you have tried to hide it... there has been a moment where you have felt like you were on the outside.

It breaks my heart to see people feel that way, because no one should have to feel left out or alone. The other day I met a guy while I was at work and his response to what I was telling him struck me.

He was one of the "types" that people would say would "never amount to anything", that would "never care about the meaningful things" and certainly not the type that anyone would willingly approach expecting a response welcoming conversation.

Yet he stared attentively as I told him about the thousands of people in Sierra Leone that needed aid. And as I told him about the weight of the situation, I saw his eyes begin to water. 

"That's terrible... I really wish I could do something..."

Then he assured me he would be back to make a donation. And the tears in his eyes made me want to cry. There is just something so special about the heart of those who are too often misunderstood. 

But aren't we all longing for understanding?
Some, it seems, more so than others.

So, why do we insist on putting each other down and excluding our brothers?

I just pray that the flame that burns so bright in the hearts of those in which you would least expect it... I pray that the passion continues to burn brighter and brighter until the world is set on fire with love for one another.

What will it take?
It will take the attention of those with compassion and openness to draw out and point out the best qualities of others around them. It will take vulnerability. It will take love, true love... a love like Jesus showed... a love that will melt away the sorrows and cause a spark to ignite into a flame. 

We need change.
We need to stop being afraid to approach one another,
To stop judging because one person doesn't do things the way that another may do things.
It takes a realization that each person on this planet was created with a unique set of qualities, 
a beauty that is unveiled with a little encouragement and care.

------------------------------------------------------------
Just one look and I could see
There was something different
Different about the way that you 
Carried yourself
So many others tried to say that
You were different
That you'd never fit in
With the way that they
Went about doing things

But you never let it get you down
Oh, you should never let it get you down
Cause you are special
You are the only one
Of your kind

Let your fire burn 
Brighter
Let your spirit soar
Higher
Cause you were made for
Great things
I can see
You were meant to 
Shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment