bkgrd

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Worth it

Is it true...
Can it be?

You bled and died so that
I could be completely free.
Yet, what have I done?
Sat back down and hid everything inside.

Forgiven...
You say I'm forgiven.
You call me Yours.
I have become my own worst critic,
I can't see past the faults
Your perfect love,
Stronger than death
Came and dwelt with us,
The only thing that could overcome sin,
Dwelt in flesh,
So that we might receive Your righteousness.
"You are forgiven."

Finished.
"It is done."
No more tapes replayed inside your head.
No more believing the lies that disguise themselves as truth.
Free.
"You are free."
Free to be yourself.
Just the way you were made,
Designed with beauty and delight...
Perfect in the Father's eyes.
Precious one,
Forget the lies,
Forget the worries and cares you hold deep inside.

"Run to me."
Run to me,
Daughter, I have set you free.

"You were worth it all to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment