bkgrd

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Lord is my strength.

Once again, what must have been the third time in a week, I was feeling emotionally flat.

"What's wrong with me? Why can't I be fun when everyone else is joking around?"
"Why can't I get past this?" "Why don't I feel myself?"
I struggled to join in on conversations and felt weird when I finally did. Things didn't seem to come out right. I just want to go home and sleep, forget it all, and wake up to a new day.

It's never easy when I feel this way and usually I don't catch and recognize it this easily. I thank God for the awareness He gives me about my feelings and emotional being.

I thank Him even more for the courage He gives me to step out and ask for help. It takes a lot of boldness and wisdom from the experiences God has given me. He has taught me to be open. I cannot think about His goodness in the way that He answers my prayers and cries for help when I call out to Him or ask friends to intercede on my behalf. He is and always has been faithful. I know that I need my God. He is my comforter, my strength, my all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment