bkgrd

Sunday, September 7, 2014

To love and be loved by You...

I sit and I think
About my life and the weight of it all,
But when I read about Your love
Everything changes.

To know that I am loved,
That I have been loved
By a Creator
Who looks not at my past,
But who I am,
Who He created beautifully
And that He calls me precious,
He actually sees me for me
His love astounds me!

Then I think about how His grace,
abounding,
Looked at me before time
And said,
" I love her,
I will go to any length for her."
I remember that you said you loved me
While I was still a sinner.

Your promise I cling to:
Nothing could ever separate me from Your love.
And nothing ever will...
Whether I succeed, on my terms,
Or fail,
Whether I keep it together.
Or fall apart...
You will still love me.

And because You first loved us,
I will love outrageously!
Because You said You'd never leave
I will trust that, with You,
I can do anything.

I will stand on judgement day boldly,
Because You love me,
Because of the confidence that I am loved
And as Your Word assures me that,
I can now face anything.

Let Your perfect love reign in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment