bkgrd

Monday, April 4, 2016

the tempest

I'm at it again.

The crashing of the waves carry me out to the point I feel I'm drowning.
I've lost track of the rise and fall.

It's all the same now.
The clouds are on the horizon and I can't find footing.
Forget footing... I'm far from solid ground.

Was I on a journey?
This place just doesn't appear like anything I imagined.

"...Lead me where my trust is without borders...
Let me walk upon the waters...
Wherever You may call me."

I prayed this many times, not thinking of the consequences that could follow. Consequences are not always negative. They can sit with you in a wrong way or you can choose to let them impact you for good.

Did what you asked Hosea seem logical, even during his time? Marry an adulterous woman and love her tremendously. In fact... I'm not sure Hosea even understood that when God first spoke to him, the extent God loves and how He wanted to love His people.

Then there was another aspect I found myself in awe over: the emotion of God.

Something happened today as I sat on the shores of the Pacific... I watched the tumultuous waves and I thought about God's power and might.

I used to think I was alone in experiencing extreme emotion....

My Creator is passionate.

And that passion is fueled by his love...
I choose to be fueled by His love.
His perfect love.


No comments:

Post a Comment