bkgrd

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hard. But beautiful.

Longsuffering.

When you say it like that... well, it doesn't sound so pretty.

But the truth is, the most beautiful things take time and come from harsh conditions.

Learning that patience, when learning to love, not only needs the utmost attention when you love people, but it comes in handy when loving yourself.

You have to be patient with yourself.
You have to realize we are all works in progress... in a process...

I like the term "journey". This journey is an adventure, with twists and turns, roadblocks, run-ins with the enemy, moments of glory and victory.

For so long I had beat myself up for the lack of progress I thought I had. So many times I thought I was stuck in a rut or a pit I couldn't get out of, yet as soon as I gained this perspective that maybe I was learning and growing I began to give myself time. Now, I am choosing to be gentle with myself. I'm going to sit back and watch the buds flower. I'm going to wait in excitement for the beauty that is to come. And when the old fades away... I am going to wait. Knowing the light from tomorrow will bring blossoms anew.

Why, it's even said grace grows best in winter. It was hard for me to grasp the full meaning before but I'm starting to see I can't learn these things in a splendid Utopia. I have to venture out, boldly and battle the giants that, in turn, will make me strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment