bkgrd

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stronger

Looking back,
I see a lot more now than I did before.

I thought that I was stumbling through a mess at times.
Though I would like to say that I put my complete trust in God at all times,
I can't say that I did.

But it's okay... He had me.
He has always had me.

Life, life with God, and God Himself
are all a mystery to me.

I do know one thing though...
Looking back and looking at other stories
I start to see that He knows exactly what He is doing.
He knows me all too well.
He knows and perceives my thoughts from afar,
which must mean that it's like when a friend knows exactly what I'm about to say.
And He still trusts me.

I said all of this to say that I think that the things that I just previously wrote about... 
the events that feel like chaos to me...
He's got it all under control.
You may look at all of the circumstances I described and still be unsure about the declaration I just made, but if you have experienced His love and sovereignty in this way you would be able to agree.

I love how Plumb wrote about it in a song. She described a parent holding his newborn in his arms. There must be a time to grow up, but watching from afar the Father ensures His child's safety and knows that the things that the child experiences will make them stronger and wiser.

Had I not experienced what I did, 
Had I not come face to face with my fears 
... and come out victorious time and time again...
I would not be as strong as I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment