bkgrd

Saturday, December 27, 2014

In the watches of the night

"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy." (Psalm 63:5-7 ESV)

It's one of those nights when I had coffee too late...
But I am reveling in this time with my Father.

Tonight, I took things to him in a way that I haven't in a while. I trusted my Jesus, recognized that He was the only one who could help me in this and He showed up. For the first time in a while I heard Him delight in me, with clarity. I heard and felt His great love for me.

Tears of joy couldn't be stopped from streaming down my face as I listened to songs of praise and meditated on the works He has done. I couldn't help but smile as His joy radiated from my heart. The salt of tears was not an unfamiliar taste at this time but instead of a cool sting they left warm trails on my face. I was finally back to my Father's beckoning arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment