bkgrd

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Daughter of the King.

Here it comes again...

That joy that bubbles up,
surfacing like sea foam when the wave hits the shore.

That's who I am,
one of the many waves in the sea of His endless love.

Better watch out when I come crashing into you
Cause His love is wild, fierce and strong.

I have been pondering on this thought though...
Who am I, truly?

Sarah King, daughter of the King.

Just like royalty should,
I will fight for the people.

I won't stop until His kingdom comes.
His love, unrelenting, will drive me out to the wildest of places to rescue, seek and save the lost.

I'm on a grand adventure with my Beloved.




I'm fierce and strong, with the gentleness of a motherly lion.
I'm calm but silly, making the moments count.
I observe, love to listen to stories and help shine light on the positive aspects in those stories...
Spurring people on with encouraging observations and agreeing with the vision and hope they already see.

I am a worshipper,
Delighting in my Savior with songs of praise...
I am usually not one to dance, but when my God fills me with His love,
I can't help but jump and spin.
I love to sing new songs, to be like a songbird:
Filling my lungs with the breath of Life and exhaling sweet melodies and harmonies.

I am a lover of nature, but not just appreciating it from afar...
I delight in sinking my feet in a cold, rushing stream...
Paddling through a bay...
Rushing down a snowy mountain, full speed,
And carving away at the powder beneath me...
Sprinting in autumn weather, racing with a soccer ball before me...

And of course...
I love writing.
While, I may tell other peoples stories through film I love to explore the hidden beauty of different aspects of life, to unearth layers of treasure in the things He teaches me. There's always something deeper and something new to learn about life, my God and His love.

If I could write down the beauty that God created in me, that is how I would describe myself. It took days of trudging through discouragement and depression to see that there is way more to me than the diagnosis I was given and the hardships in life that I have faced. I do, however, see how God used things for good and redeemed my situation many times before. I am ever grateful for this life and His love.


No comments:

Post a Comment