bkgrd

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Exposure

|Exposure|
Can be a scary thing...
whether it's a wound or the hidden mess of a room.

Darkness seems daunting, but the minute a small light comes in contact with it, it doesn't seem as much of a match.

I'm learning.
Learning things the hard way.
Maybe the hard way is the only way it will sink in and create lasting impact.

"And darkness is fading in, and darkness is real "


Sometimes darkness seems so real.

Yet I know that it creeps around with an intimidating stare, waiting for an opportune moment to barge in. 

I have found that exposing lies is hard but so worth it. Whether the lie is something small or something rooted in past hurts and regrets, the result is the same if you choose to give it power. 



Some of my favorite movies have been superhero movies for the reason that they hold timeless truths. When I think of lies and how the enemy tries to intimidate I think of the Wolverine film. I think of how the bad guy spent his life trying to gather the equipment and resources to recreate something like Wolverine in order to defeat him and hold the power. I am reminded of how the enemy tries to manipulate in order to defeat creation. Then, in the movie, the last battle reveals the real enemy... shriveled and still striving for power, stripped down to reveal an ugly reality: self-seeking will end in misery. And all along he wore a large metal suit that made him seem truly omnipotent and indestructible... 

I know my God has the victory. I simply need to take time to remind myself of the truth and to take minutes from His perspective to see that it is all going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment