bkgrd

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Flight

I always find myself writing at happier times. It is hard to write when things can't be figured out or put together.

Sometimes, even in the good times, I wish I could find the words to put to emotions and experiences. It is always comforting when someone can help put to words the things you have felt. I found myself relating to David when he described his anguish because of the "voice of the enemy" and oppression.
He longed to fly away as if he had "the wings of the dove".

I found myself so many times recently longing to simply escape the troubles of life. The burdens seemed too much to bear. I knew I had to turn and face my fears, but for some reason I could no longer see the victory. My vision was blurred. No matter how hard I tried, it seemed as though I couldn't get up. Literally. I couldn't find the strength to leave my room at points. The enemy was having a great time poking and prodding me. I imagine the little chain tied to my ankle, like a baby elephant. There is no way the chain could hold down that magnificent creature, but... as long as he believes it, the chain will hold him down.

I needed just one breath, one break, one step away to see that I have a marvelous destiny. Holding on that long was worth it. The place I was in I hope not to return. So I will at any cost do my best to prepare for those moments.

I realized like a person training for a marathon or even just to stay in shape, will work on muscles, building them up, yet, with consistency. As soon as that consistency is lost, there is no telling what could happen. Usually, all of the work before that point is lost. And, gaining muscle takes pain and persistence. I have learned by watching my mom work hard towards her goals. Just as this physical fitness takes effort, persistence and consistency, so does a spiritual fitness.

I shall press on, bold and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment